These workbooks are designed to run in desktop or mobile editions of ExcelRT. They demonstrate common spreadsheet features and some are used in tutorials provided in the ExcelRT User Guide.
All workbooks originate as an Excel workbook that was converted to ExcelRT format using ConvertExcelRT on Windows.
For the iOS or Android edition of ExcelRT, type the full URL into the Download panel. For example, the full URL for TravelCalc.ert is:
ExcelRT supports two licensing systems, Cloud License and QuickLicense. All desktop and mobile platforms can use Cloud License.
Only desktop platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux) can use QuickLicense. When QuickLicense is used, the application can support manual, online or dongle activation.
Several downloadable files are available for each sample workbook.
- Excel Workbook - The .xlsx file is authored using Microsoft Excel.
- XML Developer File - The .xml file is generated by ConvertExcelRT for developer use during the conversion process.
- Encrypted User File - The .ert file is generated by ExcelRT. It is typically used by the developer, but could be distributed to a customer.
- Application - An EXE runs on Windows. An APP runs on Mac. Both use QuickLicense and can be distributed as a standalone application that requires, includes or embeds ExcelRT. For these examples, the Activation Code is the same as the displayed Request Number.
- Product - A Product has no extension and downloads directly into the Products screen of ExcelRT on any platform. When used in this way, ExcelRT can host many Products that use any mix of QuickLicense or Cloud License.